9 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day Year-Round
May 8, 2018 | Green & Eco-Friendly Living, Sustainable Living|
Do your part for the planet year-round – not just on Earth Day! Here are 9 simple things you can do to save the planet every day…
There are thousands of challenges to the planet’s health these days – from agricultural runoff into our waterways, trash in the oceans, and the hundreds of different chemicals polluting the air, water, and soil on which we depend for survival.
With all of these challenges facing the planet, it does seem that it should have more than one day a year devoted to this awareness, doesn’t it?
“Earth Day” may have already passed for this year, but that doesn’t mean you can forget about doing your part to care for the health of this awesome planet that we live on until next year! Here are a few tips for making every day Earth Day, according to Dumpsters.com:
- Buy products made from recycled materials.
- Invest in a reusable coffee cup and water bottle.
- Cut paper waste by removing yourself from mailing lists.
- Make sure you’re recycling the right stuff in your curbside bin.
- Volunteer at community cleanups in your area.
- Start a compost pile to reduce your food waste.
- Take steps to make your home more energy efficient.
- Walk or bike to get around as much as possible.
- Use a program like Terracycle to recycle as much as possible without the hassle of hauling each item to a different recycler.