Clean & deodorize your toilet naturally & without harmful chemicals with these simple DIY toilet bombs!
Let’s face it, cleaning the toilet is no fun. It’s pretty gross when you think about it, and even if you clean yours frequently, buildup can occur. It’s important to clean your toilet frequently, as there are all sorts of harmful bacteria that can hang out there, from E. coli to salmonella, campylobacter, MRSA, and good old black mold. Yes, even coronaviruses can hide out in your toilet! And when you flush, guess what? Millions of tiny droplets containing these bacteria and viruses can be propelled into the air and settle on surfaces throughout the bathroom, posing a danger to you and your family. (This is why it’s so important to close the lid when you flush!)
Unfortunately, many common bathroom cleaners contain harmful chemicals themselves. Even good old chlorine bleach or other traditional toilet cleansers can cause skin burns, eye irritation, and damage to the lungs and mucous membranes when inhaled. And if they are combined with other chemicals (such as those in other types of cleaners), they can be even more dangerous (or even deadly) to both humans and pets.
The good news is, you can make your own safe and effective toilet cleaner that does a great job at deep cleaning and disinfecting – without all the harmful side effects.
sing plant-based, Non-Toxic cleaners can be just as effective at deep cleaning and disinfecting WITHOUT harmful side effects!
What You Need To Effectively Clean Your Toilet:
- Non-Toxic Oxygenated cleaner
- Gentle effective stain remover (like baking soda)
- Essential oils
The Truly Free™ Oxyboost we use in this recipe is a Non-Toxic Bleach alternative that uses the power of oxygenation to lift stains, clean, and disinfect naturally and safely.
Essential oils also have natural antimicrobial, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties too. Oils such as Thyme, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Peppermint, and Clove are all great for cleaning because of their natural properties. By adding them to the recipe, you get an extra boost of cleaning power – and make your bathroom smell great!
Baking soda is a mild alkali. This makes it great at removing dirt and grease to dissolve easily in water. It is a very effective, natural, non-toxic cleaner.
Here is a simple recipe to make your own effective and non-toxic toilet bombs:
DIY Deodorizing Toilet Bombs Recipe
What You’ll Need:
NOTE: If you don’t want to use molds, you can form them into balls with your hands instead – just make sure to pack them tightly!
- Mix Oxyboost and Baking Soda in the mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with spatula/whisk.
- Add Essential Oils (scent of your choice), a few drops at a time, while mixing.
- Spritz with water, mixing thoroughly after each spray, until the mixture will form a ball.
CAUTION: Moisten only until mixture just holds together. Over-moistening will activate the ingredients.
- Firmly pack mixture into molds and allow to dry overnight in the molds.
- Carefully remove the bombs from the mold and store in an airtight container.
- Drop a bomb (or use 1-2 TBSP of mixture) into the toilet and wait 10-15 minutes, or until dissolved.
- Scrub with toilet brush and flush. ENJOY a clean, deodorized toilet bowl!