[Podcast] What You Should Know Before Starting An Off-Grid Lifestyle
September 5, 2019 | Homesteading & Off-Grid Living|
Moving off the grid can be tempting, but be sure you know what you’re getting into! This podcast episode shares a ton of helpful tips you should know before starting an off-grid lifestyle…
Thinking of moving off the grid? Before you go, there are a lot of things to consider – especially if you are used to city life! Even if you have farming experience or have run a hobby farm, truly going off-grid is going to take some adjustment.
In the podcast below, two experienced off-gridders share the lessons they’ve learned over the years, so that you can learn from their mistakes and get started off on the right foot!
Topics covered include:
- Transitioning from city living to an off-grid lifestyle
- The hidden health benefits of living off-grid
- Looking at off-grid systems for water, electricity, heating, etc.
- Homesteading skills – food production & preservation, etc.
- The challenges & rewards of growing/raising your own food
- Building a root cellar
- The best way to get up to speed on living off the grid
- And more!
For a transcript of the recording, visit the Pioneering Today podcast page.